Everyone started out with a small list. The key to getting a “Yes” from a JV partner is that they feel great about promoting you. For whatever reason makes sense to them.
Here are some reasons JV Partners with BIG lists will promote someone with a small list:
1. They LIKE you – don’t underestimate this, if you are on great terms with someone with a big list, there’s an excellent chance they will help you out.
2. The LOVE your product for their audience. If you can make them look good with your product, why wouldn’t they tell their list about you.
3. They can see that you are on a mission and you will have a big list. If a potential JV partner sees a rising star, they might gladly promote you now for a reciprocal in the future. Tell them of your plans to grow your business.
4. You are their customer or client. You might consider working one on one with a JV Partner in exchange for their advice but also a promotion to their list.
5. You pay them. Yep! You can pay a partner to promote you. Just ask what it would cost to for a solo promo to their list. You might be surprised how affordable this is.
The bottom line is that if it’s attractive enough to the partner to promote you, then they will.